Returning Member Login
FFS Online Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who should use Freedom From Smoking® (FFS) Online?
The program is intended for adult smokers. FFS Online is great for anyone who has regular access to a computer and is comfortable interacting with others in an online environment.
2. I already quit smoking before I entered the program. Is it still for me?
Yes! The first three Modules of both the Basic and Premium FFS programs offer information about preparing to quit; Quit Day starts with Module D in the Basic version, and the second lesson of Module 4 in the Premium version. In both versions of FFS Online, each lesson builds on the next so it is suggested that you read through all of the lessons to be sure that you have a solid foundation for quitting.
3. How fast should I move through the program?
It is recommended that you take a full 24 hours between lessons within each Module to complete any assignments. For example, if you started the Premium FFS Online program on a Monday, you would read lesson 1 in Module 1 that day. Wednesday you would read lesson 2 in Module 1, Friday you would read lesson 3 in Module 1, and so on. (The modules in the Basic version of FFS Online aren’t split into lessons but you should move through them at about the same pace.) It can be tempting to rush through the material, but that only cheats you out of the time you need to process the information and to complete the assignments. Slow and steady wins this race!
4. How does an interested individual access the website?
The URL for FFS online is: www.ffsonline.org.
5. What is the charge to participate in FFS Online?
The Basic FFS Online program is offered free of charge. The Premium FFS Online Program is offered for $15 for 3 months, or $40 for one year, and includes more detailed information such as Message Boards for participants, downloadable relaxation exercises and other social networking capabilities.
6. How is the FFS Online Program evaluated?
Each participant in FFS Online is encouraged to fill out an evaluation when the modules are completed. Information is asked about the number of modules completed, current smoking status and future plans. When sufficient responses are received, we will analyze the data to see how the programs quit rates compare to others.
7. How do I get help for technical problems?
If you are having technical difficulties, we suggest that you click on “Contact Us” and fill out the form with the details of your problem.
8. Can I get a certificate to prove that I participated in FFS Online?
When you have completed all of the modules in the Premium version of the program, you will be asked to fill out the Program Evaluation. Once we have received your evaluation, you will be sent an email with a link to a Certificate of Participation. The Certificate of Participation is not available through the Basic version of the program.
9. How do I edit my personal profile?
If you are using FFS Online Premium, you already have a personal profile for the FFS Online Community—but you can provide more information about yourself, upload pictures, and make connections to other members. Click on “Community Links” at the top of the page and select “My Stuff”. You’ll see a link to “Profile” on the left side of the page.
10. How do I use the message boards?
Premium FFS Online members have the ability to view and post on the Message Boards. Basic FFS Online members will soon have the ability to view some of the Message Boards.
11. How do I report something inappropriate on the message boards?
If you see something inappropriate posted on the message boards—for example, selling a product, harassing participants—click on the Report! button and the webmaster will be notified of the problem.
12. How do I cancel my Premium membership?
If you have purchased a Premium membership and have decided within the first two weeks that you do not want to continue your membership, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Cancel Membership”. Please be sure to include your name, email address and FFS Online username. We will confirm that your membership has been cancelled within 48 hours. (Please note that it can take up to 10 days for some banks and credit card companies to issue refunds.)
13. What’s “Mary Ella’s Weekly Message”?
It’s Mary Ella’s way of communicating with Premium program participants all at once. It is an e-newsletter that provides Premium program participants additional support. To subscribe, go to: http://www.ffsonline.org/mary-ellas-weekly-message.html.
14. How do I change my password or edit my profile?
To change your password or account information, follow the steps below.
- Log into FFS
- On the right side of the page you will see a section labeled ’Your Account’.
- Click on the link labeled ’Manage your membership’.
- You will see your Personal Profile page.
- Click on the link that says ’Change/Reset Password’ or ’Edit your Profile’.
- Change your password and click save.